Colleen Burgess, LMT
Some of the Benefits of Massage Therapy:
In an age of technical and, at times, impersonal medicine, massage offers a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach based on the body's natural ability to heal itself. So what exactly are some of the benefits to receiving regular massage and/or bodywork treatments?
-Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body's natural defense system, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body's largest organ - the skin.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Increases joint flexibility.
Call 692-8393 to speak with Colleen and schedule an appointment today!
Colleen has office hours Monday-Friday in our Greenwich office. She also has appointments available the first Wednesday of every month in our Cambridge office.